Playbar skipping persists

• 6 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I am continuing to have issues with my Playbar, which is part of a surround system with 2 Play:1s. I previously had a google mesh network and changed it to Eero thinking it would get better, it didn’t. I thought the issue might be it trying to play across multiple rooms, but it’s cutting out while only playing in one room. I’ve previously disconnected the surrounds, which work fine on their own, but the Playbar will still skip on its own in this room. I moved the Playbar to a different room of my house and didn’t hear skipping, but that could just be because it’s intermittent. This wasn’t a great test because I do remember this specific Playbar skipping when I had it hooked up in another room about a year ago.

None of this makes sense since the Playbar has a perfect internet connection and all other speakers in the house have no issues. It’s also only a 1400 sq ft house with three mesh WiFi hubs (one for each floor). At this point, is it possible I just have a bad Playbar? I can see the music continues to play as it cuts out, but when connected to surrounds, none of the three speakers play music during this cut out period.

I also had an instance where this happened when connected to the TV, but I thought that if it was a internet issue it’d only happen when Streaming was involved?

thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +4

Just watched TV for two hours and had a perfect signal. Went to stream music again and it cut out within a couple minutes. I decided to run Sonosnet on my system, but it cut out shortly after I tried that. Sonosnet is on a different channel than most of my other devices. At this point, nothing makes sense. It does appear to be a streaming-only issue, but given that every Sonos device works fine except for the Playbar, I really don’t get it. I don’t think there’s anything left for me to do. I’ve already hard reset the Playbar, unpaired and repaired it with the surrounds, tried Sonos net, bought a new mesh router - it’s hopeless.

Badge +4

And I found a link to create a matrix. I don’t know what I’m looking at, but I’m guessing Orange is bad. I’ve tried Sonosnet on channels 1 and 11 (my router is channel 6). The results of Sonosnet are as bad if not worse than WiFi.

I know someone is going to say WiFi interference, but again, I’ve tried both WiFi and Sonosnet. I’m wondering if the Playbar is just too sensitive to its surroundings or if something is just plain wrong with it. 

if it is an outside device causing issues, how would I know what it is and where it is?

Badge +4

I actually realized it added back WiFi to my bedroom speakers, but the good news is I turned orange into green by going to channel 11 on Sonosnet. The bad news is it still cuts out. I am SO confused. What’s the point of the matrix if even in a green state it doesn’t work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Might be time to throw in the troubleshooting towel and send Sonos a diagnostic, call them with the number it provides and they can look at the issue.

Try to send one within about 10 minutes of having the issue so they get complete logs of the problem time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Duplicate thread of:

Closing this topic, refer to the thread above.