Answered

playbar issue

• 2 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I want to unpair my playbar from a Spectrum remote.  My app doesn’t have the remove playbar function.  The guy I talked with at Sonos said this couldn’t be done. And I should just unplug the IRcable.  This doesn’t solve my problem because I want to use my Sony remote on my playbar  any help would be appreciated 

Thanks 

george poe

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 August 2023, 20:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Just reprogram the PLAYBAR with the new remote, it will overwrite the knowledge of the old remote. 

I think that’s the answer you need…but I’m not really sure.

You don’t ‘pair’ or ‘unpair’ a PLAYBAR from a remote. Nor would you want to remove the PLAYBAR from your Sonos controller app, then you wouldn’t be able to use it. And there is no IR Cable that goes anywhere on the PLAYBAR, it has an IR sensor on it, just not a port that anything plugs in to. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the response.  Tried doing an “add new play bar”.   Didn’t work.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why did you do that? Suggest you re-read Bruce’s reply.

Userlevel 7

In the Playbar’s room settings select the option “Remote Control Setup”.

You can setup PLAYBAR to use both remotes if you like. Set each remote to control the same model A/V receiver. The model number is arbitrary, just pick a model that is not nearby.

Note: the PLAYBAR will respond to a single ‘series’ of IR commands, so when using multiple remotes, all of the remotes must be ‘programmed’ to use the same IR commands. Just like when you program a DVD player to use your TV’s IR commands, and not some other series.