Answered

Playback Stop and Start

• 24 December 2023
  • 1 reply

We have used Sonos to support music listening in multiple rooms for 10+ years.  Most of the rooms have built-in speakers powered by Connect Amps, with each room having its own amp.  However, we do also have a Sonos Move and other products attached to the system.

Over the past couple of months we’ve been having problems with our Kitchen speakers.  Music will stop every few minutes, then restart a minute or so later.  This has been occurring when we are playing music in the kitchen alone, or when the kitchen is grouped with other rooms.  Of note, this stopping and starting has not been an issue in any of the other rooms.

I’m not sure where to start with diagnosing this issue, but would greatly appreciate assistance!

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 December 2023, 18:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This is likely due to duplicate IP address issues with your router. Slightly more challenging with a larger number of speakers, due to the effort, but not terrible.

The quick, albeit potentially temporary solution is to power off all the Sonos speakers, and the reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload everything properly before plugging back in your Sonos devices.

The longer term solution is to look at the router’s manual, and set up reserved IP addresses for the Sonos devices in the router’s DHCP table. This sounds more daunting than it really is, took me about 5 minutes learning the process, then it was quick and easy to do, once I knew what was going on. 

Of course, it also could be as simple as wifi interference , potentially from outside your network or home. Worth reading the linked FAQ.