Skip to main content

I have many Sonos products, including ARC, Play 5, One’s and 2 x Play 3’s.

Suddenly the Play3’s stopped working, after resets, they appear in App & Computer, and play together, however won’t group with any other product, it just says “Unable to Connect, Please try later.

I have factory reset, and got everything else working, The Play 3’s work together, just not grouped with other products.

Any advice?

To rule out any duplicate IP address issues, can you follow the steps in this article:

It sounds frustrating that your Play:3s are having trouble grouping with your other Sonos products. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Check Network Connection**: Ensure that all Sonos devices, including the Play:3s, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, network issues can prevent devices from grouping.

2. **Update Sonos App**: Make sure your Sonos app is up to date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause connectivity issues.

3. **Reboot Your Network**: Restart your router to refresh the network. After rebooting, wait for a few minutes before reconnecting your Sonos devices.

4. **Group via the App**: Try grouping the Play:3s with other devices through the Sonos app. Go to the "Rooms" tab, select the room with the Play:3s, and attempt to group them with another room.

5. **Check for Interference**: Make sure there are no physical obstructions or electronic devices nearby that could interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.

6. **Sonos Support**: If none of the above work, consider reaching out to Sonos support. They can provide more tailored troubleshooting steps and identify if there's a specific issue with the Play:3s.

I had a similar issue with a Play 3.  I moved it to near my router and connected an Ethernet cable directly to it.  After a reset, powering off/on, etc. a few times, the system was then able to connect and do an update, then it finally started working.  I left it that way for the day, then disconnected the Ethernet and happy to say it still works.  

The rest of my systems are still a frustrating mess, but that fixed my Play 3 issue.  :)

Don’t know if the Play 3 is at a firmware “dead-end”.  If not make sure the Play 3 firmware is the same version as the other speakers.  If not see if the Play 3s need an update.