Skip to main content
Question

play1 can not be found in the app

• 13 May 2024
  • 5 replies

After a factory reset the play 1 Connects to wifi using the app, but than the app can not find the play1 in the wifi network. I than get a pop-up saying to unplug the play 1, plug back in and than the app should find it but nothing happens…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try hardwiring Play:1 to your router with an ethernet cable and check if it is able to show up in your app

Does not help. I can ad the play1 with the app but after adding i get a pop -up that says the speaker is added but is probebly not showing in system preferences  and i need to unlug it, plug it n and find it in system preferences but it is still not showing….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does not help. I can ad the play1 with the app but after adding i get a pop -up that says the speaker is added but is probebly not showing in system preferences  and i need to unlug it, plug it n and find it in system preferences but it is still not showing….

Well try to unplug your play:1 and connect it with ethernet cable then plug it back in. then check if your play:1 shows up, if not try factory resetting again but with the ethernet cable connected and also reset your app and try setting up a new system with that play:1

Hi Tsumaa,

already tryde that but sadly no result  Getting hopeles, i think it has to do with the much discussed recent update

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have exactly the same issue.

After my products falling off the app I did a hard reset.

It steps you through the process, but you get to a point where it says you need to unplug / reboot to register the device. When you do so, it comes back with a message that says it can't find your wireless network.

I then tried the same process with an Ethernet cable. Despite be plugged in, it still comes back with a message saying it can't find your wireless network