Answered

Play 5 unable to join temporary network

• 7 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have updated my wifi and managed to get three of four SONOS speakers connected. The Play:5 will not connect to the new network.

I have tried a factory reset, then adding it as a new product. My SONOS app recognizes the product and it appears as though it will successfully connect, but it will not connect to the “Play:5’s temporary network:SONOS-Awb… I get this error; “Your mobile device couldn’t connect to your Play:5.

I have tried other mobile devices, with no luck. I also have tried using an ethernet cable, and it is undiscoverable.

I have tried choosing the temporary wifi SONOS network within my wifi settings on my phone, with no luck (connected momentarily, then nothing). I have changed the network settings in the app. Still nothing. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 7 April 2024, 19:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try connecting the Ethernet cable again and just leave it connected for a while. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since you did the factory reset (not recommended by Sonos or most community folks) your options are a bit limited.

Try nic996a’s suggestion and hope for the best, otherwise have it wired up and call Sonos support.