Answered

Play 5 only works with ethernet cable connected, remainder of system fine

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a comprehensive Sonos system with around twenty components.  No issues with connectivity on any of them, except for one Play 5 which dropped from the system.  I reset (numerous times at this point) and could not get it to reconnect wirelessly (could not join the temporary Sonos network).  When I connect via ethernet it finds it right away and speaker can be set up.  I have even been able to disconnect the cable and have it remain functioning as long as I don’t unplug the speaker.  Once I unplug it to move it to its preferred location, it can no longer be found (wifi range is ample).  Sometimes when I unplug it it will immediately lose connection.  

I submitted a diagnostic 251709449

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 3 January 2024, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It may be worth toggling wifi off and then on again, just in case, but otherwise call the support team: the wifi card may have died. 

Thanks - I did exactly that, and support could see a voltage fault on the wifi card.  Fortunately they got it taken care of quick and I couldn’t be happier once again with Sonos and their commitment to their customers.