Question

Play 5 Gen 2 reduced usability now orange light

• 24 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Afternoon. I have/had a cinema set up. Playbay, sub, rears (gen 2 play 5). Recently one has been play up and not allowing the volume to adjusted on that unit. Ive removed it to then add again but will now not add. Ive factory reset it back to flashing green. When I try to add it to the system it doesn’t see it and shows a constant orange light for 10-15 mins then goes back to flashing green.

I’m out of ideas and the help centres are shut until Monday. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance. J

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Jamie f.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.  I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

After getting the diagnostic report.

While the light is still green, try to hardwire the play:5 directly to the router and add it back again.

I’d also be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark

So Ive completed as you suggested. The system did pick up the play5 when hard wired. I added it to the surrounds they show’d as pair but never played. now its back to not showing and flashing orange then continuous red/orange light after 15 mins or so. Thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Jamie f.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Base on the diagnostic report there's a bonding issue going on with your speaker.

I recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted more.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.