Skip to main content
Answered

Play 5 Gen 2 poor sound quality

I have two Play 5 (GEN 2) set up as a stereo pair sitting on Atacama Moseco 6 speaker stands. Up until now, I’ve been very happy with the sound with no need to use trueplay or the equalizer. The other week, I thought I would test trueplay after reading many reviews to see if it actually made any difference. The result wasn’t to my liking so I disabled this setting but now find the sound lacks any oomph or character. The wife even noticed the difference describing it as ‘insipid’.

To get close to the fulsome sound I have been used to, I am now using the loudness setting but dialling down the treble setting. Not sure if this has anything to do with the latest software update, I’ve seen a few posts on similar themed issues. Thinking of doing a factory reset but wanted to post in case anyone has any other suggestions? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Does a simple reboot accomplish anything useful? Or, separating, then rebuilding the pair?

Cheers buzz, I separated them as a stereo pair, rebooted them individually and then paired them up again. Seems to have done the trick. I reckon it must have been something to do when I used trueplay, Defo won’t be doing that again :)