Play:5 (Gen 2) Network Dead?

• 23 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a Play:5 (Gen 2) which does not connect via wifi or ethernet cable. Tried literally everything to connect and it is DOA.

What are my options? I would switch it to line-in auto play but you have to have a network connection unless there is a way to “log” into it and set it?

I’m assuming it is $500 trash brick, but thought I would ask.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried a factory reset? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Yes, factory reset. Currently flashing green light. 

Userlevel 7

Try to perform the setup process now.

I’m way past this as stated above, I have tried everything to get it to connect. Based on all the other community posts I have found it looks to be a faulty network card as it cannot be recognized via wifi or ethernet cable.

Thank you for your help.

Posting my last diagnostic for posterity: 1534318404 

I’m way past this as stated above, I have tried everything to get it to connect. Based on all the other community posts I have found it looks to be a faulty network card as it cannot be recognized via wifi or ethernet cable.

Is there anywhere in the States that you could get it repaired? When I had a  damaged Play 5 G1 recently I found a small business in the UK that repaired it for me - at considerably lower cost than any of the official Sonos options. Maybe there’s someone similar where you are….