Answered

Play:5 Gen 1 Very Quiet Audio Level

• 13 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I very recently bought a nearly perfect play5 gen1. It came with all the papers and such from the original owner. Got it set up, no problem. However, no matter how loudly I have the volume set, it is barely noticable. It's nearly silent. I've reset and rebooted a number of times with no difference. It doesn't matter what input I'm using. I figure it's probably caused by the problem outlined in this thread,

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers-229128/fix-for-sonos-play-5-with-very-low-volume-6856289

but on the off chance it could be something else, I thought I'd ask. Please be patient, I'm new to Sonos. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 February 2023, 23:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

It sounds like you purchased a defective speaker. I would contact Sonos Support or ask for a refund from the original owner.

Maybe. The speaker is 7 years old. The previous owner didn't ever use it because he couldn't get his iMac to properly interface with it. 

I did contact Sonos. The best they could do was to offer 30% off on a new play:5

Interesting. I’ve not had any issues with multiple iMacs connecting with Sonos, although I don’t own one any more. Just this PowerBook device I’m typing on, and a MacBook Air M1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you feeding it with line-in, or with a streaming service? Make sure you test it with the latter.

I've done both line in and several streaming services. No difference