Skip to main content

Long time Sonos user here.  I bought an Arc and while waiting for it,  I decided to move my Beam and Play 3s to S2 since I will need it for the Arc.

I successfully moved the Beam and one Play 3 to S2.  I cannot add the second Play 3.  I did a factory reset and S2 sees the speaker and walks me though adding it.  I get the chime PIN thing and then it says that it is adding the speaker.  Then it craps out and says to unplug the speaker and try again.

While this is happening,  I lose the first Play 3 that I successfully added.

Prior to this,  these were a stereo pair under S1.  I went ahead and created a new S1 system with my older devices using SonosNET - that is working fine.  The S2 system is also using SonosNET as I have the Beam plugged into my router.  S1 is on channel 1 and S2 is on channel 11. All of my Sonos devices have a static IP assigned.  I removed that reservation for the two Play 3s and rebooted my router in order for them to grab new IPs.  

Any ideas before I call Sonos?

Thanks.

Try temporarily connecting with an Ethernet cable. Also, try with the “connected” Play:3 powered down whilst trying to add the other one. 

I suggest temporarily powering off the wired S1 device, so that Household (system) disappears. 

Sometimes having another Household visible on the network when trying to add a new player can confuse things.