Question

Play:3 not working with S1 or S2

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi - upgraded to the new s2 app, but now my play 3 will not work on s1 or s2. Really frustrating! Any help please. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @hallamboy, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Might be worth connectIng the PLAY:3 to your router with an ethernet cable before submitting that diagnostic, so that hopefully some of its data will be carried in the diagnostic.

I’m not having any issues with either of my PLAY:3s, so I’m going to hazard a guess that somehow the PLAY:3 wasn’t fully updated properly. I’d be tempted to try the update process again while it is wired, just to see if it will work while wired.