Answered

What to do with my Play 3

• 22 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

This a question asking for suggestions: I oriiginally had the play 3 and 2 play 1s to play music in our dining room. A few years later, I invested in the Sonos Arc and am now using the 2 play 1s as rear speakers for our tv setup. So what’s the best use now for the play 3 - which is no longer involved with the Arc setup?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 April 2024, 17:54

View original

8 replies

Place it in another ‘room’, both in the Sonos software, and physically? I use mine in my bedroom for music, rather than part of my home theater. 

Why not use it in the dining room? 

Badge

I could do that but I’m not sure how to add it to my Sonos app which is set up for TV in our media room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I could do that but I’m not sure how to add it to my Sonos app which is set up for TV in our media room.

You’ve already used it, so it should already be in the app. You seem to be overthinking this.

Badge

Yes, you’re probably right, but sometimes in the past, when the app was for music, I’ve had trouble getting it back to the tv settings. It didn’t seem to be able to find the tv setting. Is it possible to use a second Sonos app just for music?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The app has never been “for music”. There was a time, before 2013, that Sonos only did music, but Sonos has always been about sources: your collection, webradio, a music provider like Spotify and, since 2013, your TV.

When you set up the Play 3 as an extra “room” in the app you can switch between rooms or group them.

Badge

Ok thanks - will give it a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can also set TV Autoplay in Settings/System/roomname. Scroll down and move the slider to the right. Then, any time you turn on the tv the Arc will automatically switch to play the tv audio.