Answered

Play:1 won't stay connected in Sonos App, but DOES stay in Spotify

• 4 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 11 replies

I have multiple sonos speakers throughout my house.  I have one speaker, a Play:1, that oddly has been giving me fits lately.  About 75% of the time, in the SONOS app, the speaker doesn’t show up anymore.  HOWEVER, the speaker Does show up when I access my speakers via the spotify app.  More so, I am able to play music on this speaker when I access it via spotify.

Unplugging and plugging back in does temporarily fix the issue, however, the speaker is really high on a shelf so requires a ladder to do so.   Additionally, after a day or two, it pops back “offline” again.  There are also times when the speaker may have been offline yesterday, but now today, it is showing back up.  Its really weird.  We have many of the exact same model Play:1 speakers throughout the house, and this is the only one giving troubles…..and oddly enough is the speaker we want to use the most. 

icon

Best answer by ACN 5 February 2024, 20:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ACN 

Could be a network issue… 

How is you network setup? Especially wifi extenders can cause such problems. 
And which way your Sonos devices are connected to your network? All via wireless connection, or is at least one device lan cabled to your router?

Badge

We have a mesh Eero system.  All Sonos speakers are wifi.  

My entire mesh system has ethernet backhaul for the nodes, so weak/slow internet wouldn’t be the case.  I have made no network changes in a long time.  This speaker is not too far from an eero hub, so signal strength/speed should not be an issue.

Unless there was a sonos or eero update that caused the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ACN 

Could indeed be a problem after an update of the eero system. Hopefully there are users who can guve some advice for the optimized settings. 

Badge

Just did a full factory reset on the speaker (not sure why I hadn’t done that yet).  

TBD as to if that fixes it or not.  I’ll report back.

Badge

A week and a half later, and it is holding strong.  Guess the factory reset did the trick