Answered

play:1 not connecting, One SLs dropping out, spotify not connecting

• 17 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve had this same Sonos set up for years and all of a sudden the following issues have arisen

play 1 x 2 not connected and cannot reconnect though the app. Have done the troubleshooting unsuccessfully 

one SL x 2, intermittently dropping out of the app. Both not connecting through the Spotify app

sonos Arc and beam, intermittently dropping out from app and becoming disconnected 

Sonos app has become laggy and difficult to use 

I haven’t added or changed my network lately which is odd that this has started out of the blue 

please help!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 September 2023, 05:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Networks, and specifically wifi interference, are not merely local, existing in a  vacuum. They can be affected by all sorts of outside influences that have nothing to do with something you think has changed, including wired networks. That’s the nature of networking, you think it’s all set up, and something changes on you, sometimes outside of your control. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Oh, and step one would be a simple network refresh, a lot of what you’re complaining about could be fairly simple duplicate IP address issues, brought on by a router that’s lost it’s way in its DHCP table. Simply unplug all Sonos devices do from power, then reboot the router, so as to force it to refresh all of its firmware. Once it’s reloaded everything, plug back in your Sonos devices, which should request new IPs from the refreshed data in the router.

Note, if this does indeed fix things, I’d look in to how to set up reserved IP addresses in the router, which goes a long way to keep this from happening every time the Sonos reboots itself when loading new software, and asks for a ‘new’ IP address.

That fixed it! Thank you!

I have the same problem. 
go through the rain dance of unplugging products (4 Sonos play 1s) resetting router. Running off the app on my iPhone
All reconnect after the reset. 
When my screen locks on my phone and I unlock it, it all disconnects again.  
I repeat with the reset and it’s the exact same experience.  

did a factory reset and tried again.  
same thing. 

I highly doubt my router ip resets every time my phone locks. 

Any suggestions appreciated.  

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.