Skip to main content

Diagnostic #: 1197458452

I have 3 Play:1’s & 1 Play:5(2) grouped together.  A couple of the Play:1’s have been having continual problems with cutting out, while the other’s in the group continue to play.  It’s like they’re shorting out or something. 

I just recently switched to a wired set-up with my Play:5 connected directly to my Google Mesh Hub, as I thought the wireless setup was what was causing the issues.  

Since making that switch, it’s almost worse.  The Play:1 in my office has cut out at least 4 times in the last hour, coming back on randomly, but not for long.

The Play:1 that’s not playing still shows as if it is and still grouped in the controller.

I’ve LOVED my Sonos system for many years, but these recent constant issues are driving me CRAZY!!

Please help.

Thanks,

April

The Sonos device wired to your Google Wi-fi, is this the main node or a satellite node? You'll need it to be into your router or main wi-fi node.

It is wired into the main Google Wi-fi Nest Mesh hub.

Can you read my post here: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/tips-tricks-resolving-random-issues-impacting-sonos-devices-6845346

Yes, I just read..  I will try to complete that process.  Do I wait for each reboot to complete before starting the next?

How do I reserve the IP address to minimize this happening in the future?

Thanks so much!  I sure hope this helps.

Yes, I just read..  I will try to complete that process.  Do I wait for each reboot to complete before starting the next?

No, the reboot is to force the device to request a new IP address, so can be done in any order.

How do I reserve the IP address to minimize this happening in the future?

This is done in the Google Home>wi-fi App.

Do I reserve the IP addresses before or after rebooting?

Do I reserve the IP addresses before or after rebooting?

Before

Hi @amcclurg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It looks like your wired Sonos Five might be too close to your Google WiFi node - please separate them by at least 1m (3 feet). Remember, you can always use a longer ethernet cable.

While I’m on the subject, it looks like you might actually have a bit too much WiFi - the Five is reporting strong signals from 5 access points that match the one your phone is connected to, and 4 strong, hidden networks. If you can reduce the number of these without lowering WiFi connection speeds, then I recommend you do so.

Please switch your SonosNet channel to 1 - Settings » System » Network » Change SonosNet Channel » 1. Please only do this when no rooms are missing from the app. If any rooms go missing afterwards, switch back to channel 6 to get them back and try again.

I hope this helps.