Answered

Play 1 connection issues

• 9 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Trying to do a factory reset on a Play 1 speaker and it’s not working. I get as far as having a flashing orange light, but it doesn’t transition from this stage to flashing green. Ironically I had no such issue with its companion Play 1 (I use them as a pair, together with an Arc and Sub). I am in the process of setting everything up on a new network. 

Even with the orange flashing light, my app will commence the connection process - it connects my phone with the Sonos temporary network. However, when it gets to the “chime” stage, there’s no chime. After looking for a chime twice, I’m then prompted to “try something else” and this is where I get into difficulty - I’m prompted to press the Play/Pause button, but nothing happens (probably because the speaker is in flashing orange mode, rather than flashing green). 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 December 2023, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Have you checked the LED states FAQ? 

I suspect at this point, your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.