Answered

Play 1 became unstable, via wifi, since last update

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

After last update, I had to reconfigure roam and play1. Roams works properly, play1 became unstable. All via wifi, both located in the same place respect router. Why?

The app works very bad, all the time is looking for the wifi

Help, please

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 January 2023, 17:36

View original

4 replies

I’d be looking at a couple of things, particularly wifi interference. Your network exists in a much larger world, and can be influenced by all sorts of external influences. 

But I’d also do a network refresh, by powering down both speakers, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, power back on both speakers, one at a time. 

Tanks for your advice. Something diferent is working in the play 1. Roam is running very well. Both are in the same place. When I reboot the router, roam connects, play1 doesn't connect. I must to configure again it. Last firmware update doesn't work in play1

Odd, I have no issue running the latest S2 firmware in any of the 6 PLAY:1s in my system.

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce, I will try it.