Skip to main content

My Play 1 alarm has been set for a week for a radio station to come on. It worked fine all week then chimed one morning and each morning since. 
It’s connected to the WiFi and plays normally with no issues. 

That suggests at the moment of the alarm, the Sonos is unable to reach the streaming server. That could be a local issue, or it could be everyone else is pinging that server at the same time as you are, and it’s merely overwhelmed with connection requests. 

The first step I would try is moving my alarm by 3 or 4 minutes, and see if that makes a difference.

Next, I’d check the the wifi interference FAQ, and see if there could be something getting in the way of your speaker contacting the server. Remember, this could be from within your network/home, or even outside.

Third, I’d delete, then reset up the alarm, in case something upstream from you has changed.

If none of those resolve the problem, I would submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this failure of the alarm, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

@RandS 

If it‘s not a network issue on your side, I would try using the same radio station from a different radio service. There are some free available radio services for Sonos. 

That suggests at the moment of the alarm, the Sonos is unable to reach the streaming server. That could be a local issue, or it could be everyone else is pinging that server at the same time as you are, and it’s merely overwhelmed with connection requests. 

The first step I would try is moving my alarm by 3 or 4 minutes, and see if that makes a difference.

Next, I’d check the the wifi interference FAQ, and see if there could be something getting in the way of your speaker contacting the server. Remember, this could be from within your network/home, or even outside.

Third, I’d delete, then reset up the alarm, in case something upstream from you has changed.

If none of those resolve the problem, I would submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this failure of the alarm, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

I did the last one first as it was late by the time I had read your comment. It worked. 👍🏽