Skip to main content

Hi, is there any way to permanently link a set of Sonos Ones with a Roam (which I am using as a bridge to play a Bluetooth-only source onto my Ones)? Currently, the transition between playing a streaming-source (which makes use of all the speakers turned on) and playing the bluetooth device is not so seamless as the Roam automatically gets ungrouped from the Ones every time it detects the bluetooth source and I have to re-group them manually.

I thought I would just be able to add the Roam to the same “Room” as the Ones, but the “Living Room” doesn’t appear as an option when I try to assign a room to the Roam (a new room called Living Room 2 gets created automatically).

I set up this system for my uncle who has a disability so it’s kind of hard for him to remember all the steps and scenarios. 

Many thanks

I don’t think so. I think it would ‘remember’ the connection between the Roam and the Ones in the Sonos software as long as the Bluetooth device doesn’t disconnect from the Roam. I’ve got this issue as well.

“Rooms” in Sonos are speakers or defined sets of speakers. The Roam cannot be part of anything else than a stereo set “room” with another Roam. This concept of a room differs from, say, Google Home.

Thank you, both. So my understanding is that the only way to link them is by grouping them, which requires to re-link them every time that there’s a change in source for one of the two speakers. 

If the group keeps getting broken, and fiddling with a controller is too onerous, here are a couple of options once the Roam is playing over Bluetooth:

• press and hold Play/Pause on either of the Ones to join them to the playing Roam
  • install SVC on the Roam and say “Hey Sonos, also play in the Living Room”