Skip to main content
Answered

Pairing a Sub Mini

• 8 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I bought a pair of Play 3’s six years ago to replace stereo system and use them for music via my laptop. I want to boost these and add more bass to the system.

My question is simply this, will a Sonos Sub mini pair ok with the 3’s via the S2 app I use on my laptop?

Many thanks in advance, Dave 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes. 

Yes. 

Is it true that you can pair them using the PC app?  I honestly don’t know but you can’t do much with the PC app.  You can certainly use this setup under S2 and continue to control it with the PC app (which may have been the real intention of the question?)

An alternative way to get more bass, and also to greatly improve the overall sound, would be to replace the Play:3s with a pair of Fives.  This would also leave you with a much more future-proofed system.  Of the speakers still usable with S2, the Play:3 has the smallest amount of memory.

Oh, my apologies. @John is absolutely correct, you can’t “add a device” such as a Sub using the PC app, you absolutely have to use a mobile controller. My “yes” was that the Sub would bond to the PLAY:3s, and I didn’t read further. 

Thanks all for the advice, it is very helpful.

Dave