Skip to main content

Ongoing refund delays UK

• 4 July 2024
  • 3 replies

So basically on the 10th June I was emailed to say they had received my speaker back and I would get a refund within 15 working days.

I contacted Sonos just to double check and was told they couldn’t find my original payment of the order. I was asked to prove that I made the order, my bank statement, delivery notes and payment transactions ID from the bank. Basically they asked me for everything regarding my purchase with Sonos.They apologised saying due to system issues they couldn’t find the payment. 

Eventually they confirmed that I did actually pay for the item but due to further system issues they couldn’t refund to my debit card which was my original payment method. They said they could refund me via bank transfer but this comes from Luxembourg. I told them my bank, Chase UK, doesn’t accept international payments and they confirmed they understood this and ask for my bank details. I then find out they attempted to send it via international transfer. Now I have to wait for finance to confirmed the funds have been reversed back to Sonos causing more delays.

I rang sales today and I eventually got through to someone they told me that finance have gone home early and they’re not working tomorrow (Friday).

How long is this going to go on for? Anyone else have problems? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hitherematey 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with receiving your refund.

I had a colleague take a look, and we are still waiting on confirmation from our finance department - and, as you know, it will likely be Monday before we hear back.

I’ll keep the browser tab with this thread on it open and ensure your case is seen to on Monday.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hitherematey 

Apologies - I accidentally closed the tab and didn’t find it again until end-of-shift. I’ve flagged your case for attention, and will definitely look into it again first thing tomorrow morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hitherematey 

The refund has been initiated with the bank, and you’ll soon hear from us regarding a discount voucher for your troubles. We apologise for the delays.

I hope this helps.