One stereo pair with sub-mini

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I don’t see this much so posting for those interested.

The spare bedroom in my flat has no common walls to those on my floor and a concrete floor so in addition to use as a study I have set it up as a music room. I took the One in my bedroom and added a One Sl to it for a stereo pair. That was Ok but I am use to the Playbase that I have had for quite some time and it was a bit lacking in comparison. I bit the bullet and added the sub-mini and for a compact stereo setup it’s great.

I played Dark side of the moon first up and as the volume of the heart beat effect in the opening track rose it was quite obvious it made a huge difference. The next thing I noticed was the improvement in vocals. They don’t mind a bit of effect on the vocals and that became clearer with the addition of the sub-mini.

Next I played Station to station by Bowie. The base on several tracks benefit greatly from the addition of the sub, particularly Stay. Once again it also was clear there was an overall improvement in sound quality.

The Playbase will get a workout with the occasionally action movie and the like now that I will not be annoying the neighbours with 4 or 5 albums over the course of the day.

Finally thoughts. You would need a very large space to need more and being able to buy them one at a time takes the pain out paying for them.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For folks that have an upgrade credit it would be really nice to see Sonos offer a couple more sets for sale. aimed at music listeners not TV folks.

2 X 100s and a Sub Mini

2 X 300s and a big Sub

I’m not sure the 2 X Five bundle would gain a lot from adding either Sub to it.