Skip to main content
Answered

One SL with loud high pitched alarm sound

• 19 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Community,

I have had my One SL speakers for about 6 months, an upgrade from the original One speakers. Last week at about 10:00pm one of the speakers started to emit a very loud high pitched alarm sound. The only way to stop it was to unplug the affected speaker. I rebooted the router (the system is on WiFi) and plugged the speaker back in and after some trouble got the speaker setup again.

The system worked with no trouble until Sunday afternoon. It happened again. I have not reconnected it yet.

I have checked the channel it's using and that is different from other devices. Most of the devices in the house are hard wired with Ethernet.

Any idea what may be causing it? An electrician has said it could be interference from the major construction at the new Metro train service centre being constructed.

Any other things to try?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you send in a diagnosis within 15 minutes after the event, Sonos can take a look at it (when you call them) and maybe tell you the source of the sound.

Thanks. I have just connected my system via Ethernet to see if it may may be WiFi interference.