Skip to main content
Answered

One SL Set Up

• 12 January 2023
  • 2 replies

We’ve had a Five for a bit without issue and recently purchased a home theater package that included two One SL’s.  I was able to set up the Arc and Five without issues, but can’t get the SL’s set up for the life of me.  I had one connected until the automated support told me to reset the router.  Now I’m back to square one and extremely frustrated after more than four hours of troubleshooting.  Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you in advance! 🍻

2 replies

It is not possible to have a single FIVE be part of the surround system. A single FIVE will be a separate SONOS “Room”. The ARC and ONE SL’s can be a surround Room. You could add a SUB or two to the surround Room. If you have a pair of FIVE’s they could be the surround speakers. It is not possible for both FIVE’s and ONE SL’s to be part of a surround Room.

The ARC and ONE SL’s should have been “added” to your system. I’m not sure what you have done so far. It is possible that the ONE SL’s are in an odd state. 

I don’t recommend a router “reset”, but a reboot might help if things are majorly screwed up.

Let’s start by Factory Resetting both ONE SL’s -- only the ONE SL’s, don’t factory reset anything else. Now wire the ONE SL’s to your network and add them to your system. Don’t stereo pair the ONE SL’s, add them to ARC as surround speakers. At this point you can unwire the ONE SL’s if you like and move them to their final positions. If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can Trueplay the setup at this point.

During the above you may be asked to update a SONOS unit or controller. This is OK.

Good morning… thank you!  I’ll give this a try this evening!