Skip to main content
Answered

Older Sonos Products dropping network

• 22 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,  I have a substantial set of older Play 3, Play 5 and Sub hardward, and use the older Sonos S1 App.  I used to use the bridge to connect, but have a strong wifi network (250mb download speed) throughout our home, so have configured the speakers to communicate via this home network.  I get intermittent interruptions to listening through the speakers, any ideas?   Have confirmed all of my software is up to date.

Absolutely love Sonos and wish I could afford the new speakers!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

First thing, dump the BRIDGE. They are commonly know to have, at this age, a failing power supply, which can cause all sorts of odd behavior. 

Either wire a speaker directly, or set up your system to connect to your Wi-Fi signal. Test, and see if the ‘dropping’ continues. If so, there are other things to look at, such as wifi interference , but let’s eliminate the easy things first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Willsta 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your reported issue is mostly likely due to electromagnetic interference, either next to some of your speakers, next to your router, or both.

I recommend a read of our Reducing wireless interference help page, and then looking to remove sources of interference from within 1m of your devices.

For more targeted advice, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.