Answered

Nothing will play through the SONOS app

• 29 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a three room setup - two stereo pairs of play 1s downstairs and a single play 3 upstairs. I mainly listen to stuff on Spotify which I usually do through the Spotify app, however I sometimes want to listen to the radio which I use the SONOS app to play.

Last weekend radio was working fine. This weekend it isn't working at all. I have tried to play several radio services through the SONOS app along with Spotify. In the case of radio stations, if a room had previously been playing something started on the Spotify app, it resumes play from Spotify. When I try to play Spotify through the SONOS app I get the error adding tracks message.

Grateful for any advice.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 February 2023, 13:08

View original

3 replies

Not really enough information here - are any of the speakers wired, using your router WiFi (if so what channel/channel-width is in use?) or are the speakers using a SonosNet connection (on which channel?). What controller device are you using, if not wired, which band is that connected to and are any guest networks (or other wireless access points) disabled/enables? Are there any switches involved in the network and are they managed, or unmanaged?

If you are using the Spotify App, check to see witch SONOS rooms are linked with the App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Retro90sMTB 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please also try rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

I hope this helps.