Answered

No trebble. Everything sounds like mid-level or bass

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Guys.

I am panicking over here.

My old Sonos Play1 decided suddenly today to start playing only mid-range and low-range (bass) sounds.

Everything I play will sound without trebble.

I have tried PowerOFF/PowerON.

Tried resetting by pulling power cable and plugging back in while holding Playbutton at the top. And then go through "Adding new product" setup.

I even tried connecting it to cable instead of wifi. And also played multiple sources.... from internet and music on NAS.

It didnt get hit or fell down.

It was just standing on top of my clothing closet all the time. No sunlight or heat there.

What else can I do?

Did it break down just like that?!?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 15 November 2022, 17:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Electronic devices don’t last for ever, unfortunately. 

If I were you I’d generate a diagnostics report and contact Sonos support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yeah. I do understand that electronics eventually breaks.

Its just a bit of a disappointment and surprise that a 6 year old premium speaker would already break.

Somehow I have a bit more expectation of longevity when I get a premium product.

Yeah. I do understand that electronics eventually breaks.

Its just a bit of a disappointment and surprise that a 6 year old premium speaker would already break.

Somehow I have a bit more expectation of longevity when I get a premium product.

Five years is my own expectation for all things electrical - I personally think you did okay, a Play:1/Sonos One each now cost less than my monthly electricity Bill for our ‘small’ 3 bedroom Home.

We don’t have access to failure statistics.

Many 2005 SONOS units are working fine, and some have failed. I’m estimating that 99% of the PLAY:1’s will last a decade or two at least. Unfortunately, it seems like you are in the 1%.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I planned to open the speaker during my vacation days and see what is wrong, but my whole vacation came andwent and I didnt get a chance.

So I just gave the faulty Play1 to a friend of mine together with the other Play1 i had. Told him that he could take a look at it and if he fixes it, they are his.

That night he screwed it open and it was just a loose cable.

So he is happy that now he has two Play1s to group with his Playbar.

And I used the situation as an excuse to buy myself another pair of PlayONEs.

So now i have 4 PlayONEs and 1 Playbar.

Everybody is happy.

topic can be closed.