No sound in first play

• 4 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, i have problem with my Symfonisk Frame speakers. I have Apple TV 4K, in front Symfonisk Frames in stereo mode and rear two homepods. 

While i play something on TV, sound goes only from rear homepods. So i must stop playing and continue, sound goes from front speakers with rear homepods. 

In Apple Tv have set all speakers on, i was trying change channel of 5 Ghz wifi on my router, but this not changing. 

It doesn't happen to you all the time, but about every third boot the front speakers have no sound. Just stop the playback and start it again, the sound on the front speakers will start.

Any idea, where is the problem? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Frankly, I’m not sure I understand, you’re not supposed to be able to mix two different systems, Sonos and Apple, as a home theater solution. Are you using Apple’s AirPlay 2 to connect to the Symfoniks? To my knowledge, AirPlay 2 doesn’t send home theater signals to non-Apple speakers (and I’m honestly not sure if they do even to Apple HomePods). 

Hello, this is not a home theater at all, it is a standard audio connection via AirPlay2. I connect the speakers to the Apple TV and as soon as I start something, there is no sound. I stop playback, start playback again and the sound works fine...

But you’ve said you’re using two Symfoniks, and two HomePods? Apple doesn’t support that configuration, to my knowledge. You can’t have ‘front speakers’ from one manufacturer, and ‘rear speakers’ from another.

You may be better off discussing this in an Apple forum, not a Sonos one, since I’m fairly sure you’re running in to an AirPlay 2 issue, not a Sonos issue.