Answered

No Google Assistant in Sonos app

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hallo everyone,

After DEEP searching internet I did not find any usable information with same problem as mine.

So I live in UK so Google Assistant is supported.

I have Sonos One Gen 2.

EVERYTHING updated to latest possible date.

I’ve managed to add Sonos Speaker in Google Assistant app on iPhone - and I even been asked for Sonos login and password.

Sadly Sonos Tutorial does not work or even is messed up and confusing.

• Sonos failed at first point 1. 

From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice > Add a Service under Voice. Choose Google Assistant and tap Add to Sonos.

-------→ there is no such an option there - “Add Service” is ONLY under Music & Content and there is no such a thing as Google Assistant there - just Music stations - just under “Voice assistant” there is “Add a Voice assistant” and I have just Sonos Assistant only there.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 March 2023, 22:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Maybe check your country/locale setting in your Sonos online profile. Check your account HERE and ensure you have United Kingdom set as your Country.

Userlevel 7

Be sure to follow these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-the-google-assistant-with-a-voice-enabled-sonos-product

Also, log in to the main Sonos website and go to your Account profile and make sure you set your country to United Kingdom.

Badge

Maybe check your country/locale setting in your Sonos online profile. Check your account HERE and ensure you have United Kingdom set as your Country.

I had United Kingdom - so that’s not a problem :(

Badge

Be sure to follow these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-the-google-assistant-with-a-voice-enabled-sonos-product

Also, log in to the main Sonos website and go to your Account profile and make sure you set your country to United Kingdom.

Sadly me and Sonos failed at 1. (first point) - just Sonos Assistant can be chosen 

And I already haver had UK in Profile on Sonos website :(

Perhaps try an ‘App Reset’ from ‘Settings/App Preferences’ in the Sonos App and on reopening the App reconnect it back to the ‘existing’ Sonos System and give it another try - if still no joy, maybe then try a different DNS server for the local network. It could be several things that’s blocking the connection but those are perhaps the next things to try. It’s definitely working from my home in the U.K. so I suspect it’s something local to you that’s preventing the connection to Google.

Badge

Reset App WORKED!!!!

When it came to Terms and Conditions IT WAS SET to UK - and then just worked

THANK YOU!!! :)