New Wifi Wont Connect

• 18 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I just completed moving two Sonos Ones to a new network and just need to formally log that it was a total pain.

I had to go through multiple prompts over and over only to be told cannot connect, try again.  After an hour of turning them off and on, plugging Ethernet in adding the new network forgetting the old network etc they finally show up on the app.  This was such an annoying process considering I was using a $20 Bluetooth speaker while all this was going down…

@Sonos, this is a recurring complaint…please fix it….couldn’t imagine how difficult this would have been if I wasn’t a remotely technical person…

0 out of 5 stars

3 replies

With two Sonos Ones, as mentioned, it’s really just a case of wiring one speaker temporarily to the new router and rebooting the other speaker. That immediately/automatically creates a SonosNet WiFi link between the two, where the WiFi credentials are now irrelevant. 

Using the Sonos mobile App, now goto the network settings and tap to remove the old WiFi credentials and then use ‘update networks’ to add the new WiFi credentials to the non-wired speaker. When done, allow a few moments for those credentials to propagate to all.

Uncable the wired speaker and return it to its original location and then all will run on the new router wireless signal.

I should perhaps add that it’s a little more complex if using devices that do not support a SonosNet signal, but that’s not applicable in this instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Where there any security reasons not to use the old WiFi credentials for your new router?