Skip to main content
Question

New Sonos 5 will not connect

• 17 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I cannot connect a new Sonos 5 (Gen2) since the S1 app update. All my old speakers including 1s, soundbar, and sub connect. Also my new Era 100 speaker connects. 

I have been working on this for 1 month, but the customer support has been absolutely shocking. Call wait times are typically 90 min plus (I don’t have time to wait this long) and web messaging drops out and is ineffective. I have already brought back the original Sonos 5 I bought and got a new one, which also did not solve the problem. Sonos support is unreachable and I cannot bring the device back without a return note from Sonos. Needless to say I am a VERY UNHAPPY customer right now.

I have reset router, speaker and tried every other combination to solve the problem. I have also successfully connected 2 Gen1 Sonos 5 speakers over the last month. In short, there is something wrong with the Gen2 Sonos 5 models making them unable to connect to my system.

Unless there is a magic fix, can you please contact me to provide a return slip? Sonos should pay me the cost of the speaker given the number of hours I have spent trying to make it work. 

A product will not remain premium if customer support is not provided. 

Thanks, JK

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You are unlikely to get an official Sonos response here, this is a user to user forum with limited official Sonos staff.

Holding out for sonos support to answer the phone is your best bet.

Don’t wait too long, the free return period may only be 30 days, not the old longer period.

I’m very confused by your mention of S1 and the Era speaker working together, Sonos says they won’t.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-version-compatibility