Skip to main content

I updated my Sonos app today, for some reason the status lights on my Era 100 speakers switched on. I went into the app looking for the hardware section to turn them off, it usually lets you turn off the lights, or disable the Touch Bar on the areas on or off. This section is no longer showing in the new app, and for some reason the lights on the Eras are switched on, I also used to switch the touch volume on the Eras control off when the grand kids are here,and that is missing as well.Any idea were Sonos have put this in the new app, or is it another cock up.. .

appreciate any advice or help on this

I don’t have any Era speakers, but the light controls are there for all other speakers I have. 

Check under the gear icon at the top right (settings, I suspect), then select the room that the Era is in. Scroll down to ‘Hardware’, and the ‘Status Light’ and ‘Touch Controls’ should be there. Note, this only turns off the status LED, not the LED connected to the microphone, which should turn off via a hard switch on the Era speaker, since that light is not connected to software. 

I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same area of the app, it may be necessary for you to power cycle your Era speaker, in order to force it to reload the firmware. Simply unplug it from the wall for two minutes, then plug it in.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, you may need to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the Support staff, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks for the advice, after rebooting the system several times it eventually sorted itself out.