Skip to main content

Hi all,

Like many people I’ve been having a nightmare with the new app, but I didn’t find any threads on my specific problem.

My setup is Sonos (Beam + various One SLs + a Roam) with Spotify and Apple (Apple TV on the Beam, plus using iPhone, mac etc). Since updating to the new app, the most basic use cases don’t work:

• I’ve always played music mostly from Spotify
    • When I try to group rooms while music has playing, to put it on more speakers, it now breaks. It stops the music and kicks you around back and forth between the apps. It even pauses the music… eventually you hit play again in Spotify and the sound comes on everywhere
    • Once set up, it also breaks when you try to do it in the Sonos app, so it’s impossible to do this from either app. You also can't skip tracks etc from within Sonos, if it’s started from Spotify (you used to be able to do this)
    • The only thing that appears to work is to change volume within the Sonos app or remove speakers from the group
  • I also used to be able to play the sound from the Beam onto the other speakers, so that I could e.g. hear the football from the TV on the speakers in the kitchen. This is just no longer possible to even try - the TV doesn’t show up as playing anything in the Sonos app, so I can’t select additional speakers to play that sound on

These feel like incredibly basic workflows that are now broken. I’ve already tried updating to latest app, unplugging and restarting etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this just me or is it a known issue?

Many thanks for any help!

Be the first to reply!