Answered

network connection issue

• 24 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello

One of my two SL1 speakers will not connect to my home network via WiFi.

Things I have tried.

1. Disconnect Speaker from power 2+ minutes.
  2. Disconnect speaker and router then power router back up and then speaker back up 
  3. Disconnected all my Sonos products in the room as it was the whole room setup w/multiple other Sonos products
  4. Step 2 again but with all Sonos products included in the set up 
  5. Also did all this based on the app T.S. Instructions 
  6. In the app I removed said speakers from current set up and then tried adding them back 
  7. oh and did all this multiple times as well  

Haaalp please and thank you!!!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 August 2023, 05:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you wire one of your Sonos speakers (not a subwoofer or surround speaker) directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I can but I have not tried with my beam

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is the speaker configured as a surround speaker or as a room? The wifi card might have failed. Connecting it by Ethernet cable may be worth trying, to help troubleshoot the problem. 

So I connected an ethernet to my beam and then tried adding my SL’s as surround sound but they won’t connect and one of them is now in another “room” set up as stereo. So I should try connecting ethernet to the speaker that’s acting up to rule out the Wi-Fi card? I may be looking at warranty claim I’m within a year of purchase I believe.

I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you to everyone for your help, I ended up chatting with the help desk and it turns out it I had to use the warranty for a replacement