Skip to main content

Need an official answer from Sonos about my product warranty

• 12 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I am compelled to write this message here because there is no other way to address my issue. The chat and phone support are not available in my language, and there is also a character limit in the chat. The following text has been translated from Greek to English by AI.

On April 24, 2023, I purchased a pair of Five speakers from your EU website (two years warranty). A few days ago, one of the speakers malfunctioned, and I took it to your authorized service partner in Greece (Damkalidis).

To date, you have responded to your partner that "the warranty is not recognized because the product was first activated in 2021." Your partner emphasized that this is a refurbished product, and it is logical for the first activation date to precede the purchase date. Despite providing the purchase invoice and a screenshot of my order through my account, you reiterated the same response, "we do not recognize the warranty."

I would like to highlight that you have the ability to verify when the product was first activated through my account and cross-check this information with the date on the invoice issued by you.

Therefore, I request:

An official, written, and detailed response from you, so that I can attach it to the complaint I will file with the European Consumer Centres Network (https://www.eccgreece.gr/). Please respond as soon as possible as I wish to proceed with the process. I have already been without the device for several days and will request an extension of the warranty for the time I have been without the device due to your fault.

Moderator Note - Removed personally identifiable information

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @kostthem, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve reached out to our returns team to see if they can help you replace your defect speaker and they will reach out to you ASAP.

Please bare in mind that there is an increased amount of backlog so the response will take longer than usual.

I hope this helps.

Translated to Greek by me for convenience:

Γεια σας @kostthem, καλώς ήρθατε στην κοινότητα της Sonos!

Επικοινώνησα με την ομάδα επιστροφών μας για να δω αν μπορούν να σας βοηθήσουν να αντικαταστήσετε το ελαττωματικό ηχείο σας και θα επικοινωνήσουν μαζί σας το συντομότερο δυνατό.

Λάβετε υπόψη σας ότι υπάρχει αυξημένο ποσό εκκρεμοτήτων, επομένως η απάντηση θα καθυστερήσει περισσότερο από το συνηθισμένο.

Ελπίζω αυτό να βοηθήσει.