Skip to main content

Hi,

I have Sonos Play 1s in three different groups. Ever since the app updated I have issues. When I open the app 9 times out of 10 it tells me the app needs updating. I hit that button, it checks, tells me it is up to date, and send me back to the app needs updating loop.

Rarely does the app open normally and I can get it to play, but if I leave the app, I get sent back to update loop hell and have to turn the speaker off manually.

I have tried resetting speakers, reinstalling the app, nothing works. Speakers do work normally from the desktop app just not from the mobile one.

Getting very frustrated. I've had Sonos for over a decade and the interface has just gotten worse. I'm seriously thinking about replacing everything with a less problematic make.

Any advice?

Thanks

Michelle 

You are not the only one, the programming skills of the app makers have deteriorated and continues to decline fast… not sure what is happening behind the scenes i guess the personel that actually knew what they were doing have left or something…feels like that . Powering down your router for 10’seconds and firing it back up again and then update network works but throws me back into the loop..