Skip to main content

For 3 years now I have had 3 redundant Sonos speakers in my home and I’m getting nowhere with the live chat so here I am! 

please can anyone help?!

I have 3 speakers sat in 3 rooms of my house. 
3 years ago I updated my WIFI and have subsequently not been able to connect to the speakers. 

When I search for the speakers in the app it says the app responds with no speakers are on the same network.  Or Speakers need to be powered on - they are obviously, in fact the phone is sat on top of the speaker 😫

can anyone help?

Did you check if this guide helps:

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

It sounds like you may have to factory reset those 3 speakers first if they have older Wi-Fi details depending on what model they are. 

If they haven’t been used for 3 years, and if they are then detected, they will also very likely update the firmware unless you have the auto-update disabled in the Sonos app. 

If they do then you won’t be able to use the older 16.1 S2 app and need to use the latest S2 app. Unless you are using the S1 app(?)

Note: if they are older model Sonos speakers like Play:1 etc. I would consider (keep) using the S1 app. It seems to work better compared to the latest S2 Sonos app which seems picky about network conditions especially when having older speakers with less memory. (Based on my friend’s experience with older devices and comments in forums).