Answered

my sonos player:3 refuses to work

• 21 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Good morningQuite mysteriously, my sonos player:3 refuses to work... it is no longer found or not connected (even though I haven't changed anything to my previous system)! I have tried every manipulation possible and imaginable…I removed the sonos bridge, which I had had for over 10 years and which has endured 3 moves!Nothing works... Do you have a tip?Otherwise, my system had two functions:- Listen to mescd which are all on my pc-	Listen to the radioIf I have to change my system, which product (simple and not too expensive!) should I choose?Thank you in advance for your helpJean Marc
icon

Best answer by JM25 26 August 2023, 18:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Play:3 from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone. If this doesn’t work, try wiring the Play:3 directly to the router with an ethernet cable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are there any coloured LED’s showing?

Try powering off the speaker and your router. Restart the router and wait until it is fully restarted with wifi running. Then restart the Play:3 and see how that goes. 
If the wifi in the speaker has failed, try connecting by Ethernet cable to see what happens. 

Edited to add: hey, @GuitarSuperstar - stop typing so fast!

Don’t trust the BRIDGE. Assume that BRIDGE is EOL (End Of Life) until proven otherwise. Typically, the BRIDGE power supply output voltage dips and intermittent, difficult to describe issues follow. If you can measure voltage, the power supply output should be slightly over 5 volts.

Temporarily, I suggest that you power down BRIDGE and wire PLAY:3 to the router.

We also cannot rule out hardware issues with PLAY:3.

First, thank you for spending some time with me.In the end... It doesn't work:- 2h30 with sound system assistance! (patient and friendly)- Play 3 recognized when wired- But when you want to switch to WI Fi (the play 3 is in my office and the router in the living room) impossible: the play 3 does not connect ... we have tried everything (well I think)

Is BRIDGE powered down?

It is possible that the PLAY:3 radio has failed.

Who was “sound system assistance”? Was this SONOS support?

Bridge removed...I did the manipulations this morning with the sonos hotline, for whom play 3 works...it would be a play 3 router connection problem...that we can't solve ...

What model router are you using?

Box orange

Good evening,After a lot of time spent by the technical service of Sonos (hat! friendliness and efficiency!) once again this morning, we found the problem, and therefore solved:The box has two networks: 2.4 G and 5 GSonos landed on 5 G but with the 2.4 G network password. Once you entered the correct password on SONOS, it's OK(yes, there are two different passwords! to be found in the box settings)Thanks again to all of you for taking some time to help me.And again a big thank you for the really really great SONOS servicesJM
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Glad it’s sorted! Now enjoy.