Answered

My sonos play 5 (2nd gen) can't connect to the wifi

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi to everyone, I have a play 5 (2nd gen) and this thing just denying to connect to my wifi network and my sonos system. I don't know why just one day just disconnected and after that needed to connect it with the ethernet cable. I moved in to my new home and I can't have it near my router. I don't know what else to do. I need your help. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 August 2023, 16:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The system didn’t accidentally get the radio/Wi-Fi turned off in the controller for that device, by any chance?

Your best bet is to connect it with that Ethernet cable, so it shows up, then submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. It’s possible that there has been a failure in the Wi-Fi section of the electronics.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

OK thank you so much I'll call the sonos support and maybe give me a solution to my problem.