Answered

My 4 year old seems to be able to overide the 70% volume limit I put on here One SL-- why?

• 10 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Whole house is done up in Sonos, including a One SL for my 4 year old daughter. 

… which she likes to set the volume to max, and then put her face directly in front of the speaker. Not good. 

I have attempted to set the volume limit in the app to 70% for her speaker, but when she uses the on speaker controls it seems to blow right past that limit. Is there any way to actually limit her to 70% max volume?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 February 2024, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you considered disabling the touch controls on the speaker?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-button-controls-on-sonos-products

Have you considered disabling the touch controls on the speaker?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-button-controls-on-sonos-products

I have, but she uses them to start/stop playback, and skip songs. She has no devices with screens, so the on device controls are her only means of controlling the speaker. 

Userlevel 7

70% is still pretty loud. Have you tried setting the limit much lower like around 40%?

70% is still pretty loud. Have you tried setting the limit much lower like around 40%?

first I need to get the limit to actually function. Then I can figure out what limit is actually appropriate.

Userlevel 7

How do you know it isn’t functioning? 70% volume limit turned up to the max is still extremely loud.

Stream music on the speaker and adjust the volume limit from 100% to 25%. You should hear the volume decrease in real time. If it decreases, it is functioning as it should.

How do you know it isn’t functioning? 70% volume limit turned up to the max is still extremely loud.

Stream music on the speaker and adjust the volume limit from 100% to 25%. You should hear the volume decrease in real time. If it decreases, it is functioning as it should.

It’s actually going to 100%. It shows in the app as 100% after she turns it up. It is the same volume level as 100% with no limit. 

Userlevel 7

Just because you set the volume limit to 70% doesn’t mean the volume slider stops at 70%. It will still go up to 100%. 100% will just now equal 70%.

When you adjust the volume limit from 100% to 25% while music is playing, do you hear the volume decrease?