Answered

Moving a Play:1 to a new room

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I currently have my Play:1 assigned to a specific room. I now want to assign that to a new, previously undefined room. There doesn’t seem to be any way to create a new room, or move the speaker that I want to move. The speaker remains stubbornly assigned to its original room.

I have tried both the desktop app and the ipad/iphone apps.

I have read various posts, but none of the suggestions there seem to work. I am currently using the S1 app as I have some devices which are not compatible with the S2 app.

Is there a way to remove the speaker from the system so that I can make a fresh connection to my system, or is there a way to create a new room/move the existing speaker to a new room?

icon

Best answer by tles 21 December 2023, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You just need to rename the speaker’s ‘room’. Settings/System/<roomname>/Room. Pick a room name from the list or type in your own. 

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I had the Play speakers set up as surround to the playbar. Once I removed surround, I was able to reassign the speakers to a new room.