Skip to main content
Question

Moved house - unable to connect despite same wifi

• 25 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have recently moved house but retained by existing internet (same company, router, wifi password etc).

The airplay mode was working fine but I wanted to set up my Sonos One to ring when my Blink doorbell was pressed so entered the app to add this functionality. The Sonos was missing so I went to set up the product again.

Despite numerous attempts, including multiple factory resets, factory reset of router, using an ethernet cable, updating network setting etc, nothing is working. I have spoken with Customer Support and they were unable to help. All other wifi/LAN connected products in the house are working fine - its only the Sonos that refuses to connect.

The Sonos sound quality is excellent, but the functionality and app are unbelievably bad.

I would appreciate any guidance or advice you may have,

BR

Chris

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cmg87 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you have been having since you moved home. I can understand why you did it, but resetting your speaker was basically the wrong thing to do - rather than your speaker suddenly forgetting how to connect to your router, it was much more likely that the app was just failing to communicate with them properly. The fact that AirPlay was working supports this theory - it would not have worked had the speaker not been connected to WiFi. I know this does not help you right now, but it will hopefully serve as a cautionary tale to others reading this.

Every so often, I open the app to see “No Products Found” - usually, either waiting a moment or two, or force-closing the app and opening it again fixes it. Not ideal, I know, but it does often work - we are working on improving matters, of course. But, please keep this in mind going forward. Very few changes have been made to how the speakers themselves work in the last 2 months, just the app.

There is something I don’t understand, however - I looked at your case, and it looks like the agent you spoke to was able to get your speakers working again. I can also see your Sonos One online and connected to our cloud servers - what, exactly, is not working?