Skip to main content

I just purchased a SONOS MOVE 2 and finished the set up.   I initially was able to group with my ARC and SUB,     I then played music from a streaming service an later listened to a book using blue tooth.

I can no longer group the MOVE 2 to the ARC and SUB grouping.   I receive an” Unable to group, try again later.”  I verified that I do not have the MOVE connected to blue tooth and it is still connected to WIFI.

what should I try?

This is how you group rooms:

Thank you for trying to help.  I was using the group function as suggested in your response and received the error message “Unable to group- try again later”,     I finally unplugged my router and plug it back it.     I was able to group the move 2 to the arc/sub room after that.

I hope I do not need to do that every time I change mediums.

I wouldn’t think so, but it does sound like your router was in a ‘bad’ state. You may want to think about putting a line conditioner or a UPS on it. 

Might help to set static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos from the router’s DHCP settings page.

That has helped a lot of folks that see hard to identify issues with their Sonos. It particularity helps folks that see issues at update time, on power interruptions or with iffy routers. No downside and only takes a couple minutes so it is worth doing.