Skip to main content

Dear Sonos

What on earth are you people smoking over there? I just wanted to change the wifi network on my system. Apparently, that’s beyong the reach of your great new app. I have to factory reset all of my speakers and lose EVERYTHING in my setup. Very annoying, but hey.. if it works, I’ll get on with it.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t end there.

Your new app is as competent at adding speakers to a new system than I am to doing open heart surgery while asleep and using a spoon.

After a lot of swearing and retries, our magical new Sonos app eventually manages to add one speaker. To get that far I had to transfer MY OWN SYSTEM to MY OWN NEW SYSTEM.. which it refused to do for the first few tries.

But hurrah, I have a new system with one speaker, on the same Sonos account. Let’s add the second speaker in the same room.. three tries later, I have a second speaker.. but oh oh.. I have to register it to the account first. Ten tries later... “there was a problem registering your device (yes, the one you owned since 2016, the one that was registered to your account 2 hours ago and that is still your account, with the same account details)”

So here I am.. one speaker.

I can’t use old app versions, because you’re now forcing them to update before using. The MacOS app doesn’t work with the new system, even though it’s the last version available on sonos.com.

I don’t think I want any help. I’ll just look for a complete replacement from a brand that is not Sonos.

Goodbye

I found the fix for the registering problem btw.

Don’t care though, Sonos is going on eBay.

Sell sell sell