Skip to main content

Mo Sonos Mo Problems

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Ughh my love hate for Sonos is never ending. I recently purchased a Roam as an addition to my Play:1, One, Play:3, Play:5, and Move. 

Issues with Roam:

1. Cannot connect to my Play:1. The other systems can connect. I tried via the Move/Play:5. No issues. Roam - “Unable to connect to device”
  2. Even if I select “Play everywhere” with Roam as the starting speaker, it still says “Unable to connect to device” and won’t connect to anything. 
  3. If I select from Roam to my One, no issues. 
  4. If I select from Move/Play:5 “Play everywhere”, music plays from the Roam device but it does not show up in app. 
  5. This morning I took the Roam off of the wireless charging dock. The app initially said battery at 15% (it seems to always say this for the first 30 seconds) before eventually saying battery life is 100%. 
  6. The app also showed music playing on the volume bars, even though nothing was actually playing. I just pick it up from waking up. 

I have deleted the terrible app and reinstalled it several times (Pixel 6). The app constantly freezes and/or cannot find my devices. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my devices. I have disconnected every internet/wireless device in my house, and reconnected with Sonos products first. Still, I constantly have issues. 

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Thanks!

Adam

1. are all devices running S2?
  2. What kind of network do you have, and what make and model is your router? This could easily be a ‘different subnet’ issue, due to an improperly configured network. There isn’t enough information yet to be sure. 

3. Have you tried calling in to Sonos support yet? What advice did they give you?