Skip to main content
Question

Misc Issues incl.: inaccessible services, random volume changes, in-app buttons non-functional.

Hi hi,

It looks like my Apple iPhone automatically updated the Sonos app, and I’ve been having lots of issues which has rendered my system useless. For context, I have a Roam, a Beam, and 5 Sonos Ones throughout my home. My home network/ISP have not changed in over 3 years, so I believe these issues I’m having are on the Sonos software side. For reference, every single one of the issues I am having are not present when using the 3rd party SonoPhone app. List of issues below, I’d love some help on how to fix some or any of them.

• Inaccessible services: Spotify can’t be accessed in the Sonos app, every time I select my Spotify library (songs, playlists, or artists) I get a “Something went wrong” error. This error is still present even after removing and re-adding the Spotify service to the Sonos app. The only way I can listen to my music is from the “recently played” tab.
  • Volume changes: the music volume will randomly spike to max volume during playback, this happens very frequently. This issue is present whether using Airplay from the Spotify app, and also when using the Sonos app. It’s a jumpscare every time this happens.
  • Buttons not working: the pause or skip buttons rarely work, and when they do work there will be a delay in effect of like 1-10 seconds. Volume buttons also rarely work, but work slightly more often than play/pause/skip buttons.
  • My Roam 2 will be forgotten by my system every time I power it down, I have to go through the setup process every time I want it to link up with the rest of my system. Its bluetooth function seems to be not impacted, as my phone can find it when connecting via bluetooth even after restarting the Roam.
  • CEC does not work on my Gen 2 Beam anymore.
  • My Beam’s surrounds keep disconnecting or stop working while watching content on my TV and have to be re-added manually via the Sonos app.

IDK what I did to deserve this but I’m super annoyed with my Sonos system. I’m starting to regret buying into the ecosystem if an app update can basically brick the whole thing. I remember being hesitant to go all-Sonos for my home music, knowing that there would come a time when my devices would become obsolete, I just didn’t expect it to happen so quickly. I also bought into the Sonos ecosystem because I wanted something simple that I wouldn’t have to spend hours and hours working on.

Any advice would be appreciated on these issues. I see some discussions on a few of my issues, but I’m not finding any good solutions.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!