Answered

Microphone button does not work on new Sonos One

Hiya

I have just bought a new Sonos one to join the other two. The microphone light does not come on when I push the button.

I have tried Rebooting and Factory Reset, but theydid not help.

Any ideas, or is it justva defective unit?

Best regards

Phil

icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 April 2020, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try disabling the Sonos Alexa skill and re-enabling in the Alexa app

That should reset it.

Thanks Chris,

I tried that, but it did not work.

:-(

Have you enabled Alexa on the new unit? In the Sonos app. you have to go to Settings > Services > Amazon Alexa and add the new product before the microphone will work.  

Thanks jgatie, that was right on the button!

I now have a fully functional One.

Best regards

Phil

Glad to help.

Amazon Alexa doesn’t appear in “add new service” option so, I can’t add the speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There is a voice section and a music section. Make sure you are choosing add service under voice. 

The voice section don’t appear in my app 

What speaker(s) Do you have in your Sonos system? What version of the Sonos controller is that? Have you checked that either Amazon and/or Google are available in your location?

I’m in Spain

Ok, so it looks like Google assistant is available in Spain. There are several steps I would take. First, I’d refresh my network, by unplugging the Sonos and rebooting the router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos back in, wait a couple of minutes, and then check to see if it now shows up as an option to add. It may be worthwhile while testing to connect your Sonos directly to your router with an Ethernet cable.

But, if that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.