Skip to main content

Major connectivity issues with my speakers

Moderator edit: Spam post - user has been banned and can no longer respond. However, as help for other users has been offered here, this topic will remain available.

I recently purchased a Sonos system for my home, and while I love the sound quality and ease of use, I'm experiencing some major connectivity issues. The speakers frequently drop out or lose connection to the network, and I'm having trouble getting them to reconnect. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps recommended by Sonos, including resetting the system and checking for firmware updates, >spam link redacted] nothing seems to help. It's frustrating to spend so much money on a premium audio system only to have it constantly disconnect and fail to work properly. I would appreciate any advice or assistance from the Sonos community or support team in resolving these connectivity issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yours sounds like a network issue. Tell us about your network setup. Is it a simple router and modem, do you have range extenders or access points. Is your network a Mesh setup. 

Looks like you are trolling the community as you have 4 other posts describing similar issues. So what do you really want?

It’s not a network issue for me.  I’ve unplugged the router and moved the speakers to be close to the router.  I have 5 speak and 1 or 2 of them ALWAYS drops.  This happens to me 2-3x per week.

It’s not a network issue for me.  I’ve unplugged the router and moved the speakers to be close to the router.  I have 5 speak and 1 or 2 of them ALWAYS drops.  This happens to me 2-3x per week.

I can get you fixed, as I have with hundreds of others.  But first you have to admit it may be your network, and not Sonos.  Until you admit that, I'm afraid I can't help you.

I can get you fixed, as I have with hundreds of others.  But first you have to admit it may be your network, and not Sonos.  Until you admit that, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Hardwire the soundbar to create SonosNet! It’s so crucial. Pick up a Wi-Fi extender if hardwiring is a problem. All you need to do is plug in an Ethernet cable from the extender to your soundbar. I can walk you through if you need assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you search these forums you’ll find dozens of posts about Sonos’ unreliability and many of them say “my  network is fine”.  That might sound concerning until you consider that there are thousands of Sonos systems running just fine. 
The problems are very often network-related. But fixing them is usually very simple, and will create a long-lasting stable system. I know: several years ago my system was one of the flakey ones. Following advice given on here, my system is now highly reliable and very enjoyable. 
Do as ​​​​​​@jgatie suggests: he’s one of the really knowledgeable and helpful folk here.